[ltp] Serial Port woes ...

Fricke, Gregory D. linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:15:02 -0500

I was wondering if anyone else had suffered the same problems as I have with
the serial port on the 770X under Win2000 and Linux.  In Windows 2000 I
noticed that the serial port had a conflict with the internal modem.  So
using the configuration utility from IBM I disabled the modem and enabled
the serial port.  Now windows reports that the device is not working
properly and that I need to contact the vendor of the device.  Furthermore,
I cannot get the serial port to work properly with minicom (I am trying to
configure Cisco routers).  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Greg