[ltp] XFree86 4 clueless newbie question
Mon, 02 Oct 2000 20:59:38 -0400
Just got RH 7 running on an old TP 760C. XFree 4.0.1 came up OK, but
only with 8-bit colors, and I'd like to see if I can get it to drive
I did the following:
0. Verified that X worked ok in 800x600x8-bit colors
1. Copied /etc/X11/XF86Config and /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to my home
2. Played with xf86config to gen new configs, which didn't work.
3. Copied my original 2 configs from step 0 back to /etc/X11
4. Bombed when I tried started X again.
So, what gives with XF4? Are there other files besides XF86Config* that
get clobbered when genning new configs?
----- The Linux ThinkPad mailing list -----
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at: