[ltp] Problems with TFT & X configuration on TP365XD (Trident cyper9320)

Robert Hollis/Chicago/Contr/IBM linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 08:58:07 -0500

Sounds like the monitor driver is setup for external monitor instead of LCD
800x600

Robert Hollis
630-573-7383 (T/L 677)
e-mail - vdrlholl@us.ibm.com

2707 Butterfield Rd.
Oak Brook, IL.  60523

Ralf Jardon <Ralf.Jardon@uni-koeln.de> on 10/10/2000 01:45:45 AM

Please respond to linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com

To:   linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
cc:   trident@xfree86.org
Subject:  [ltp] Problems with TFT & X configuration on TP365XD (Trident
      cyper9320)

Hi,
i have the following problem.
I tryed to use Xfree86 3.3.6 at 800x600 16Bit color depth on my "new"
TP365XD with itīs 11.3" TFT Display. I have bought this Notebook because of
the statement in the Xfree doku "Cyber 9320 16 Bit now supported".

The Problem is, if i use the correct driver (cyber9320), the TFT-Screen
become unusable. If i connect an external Monitor the output is correct and
good (both 800x600 8bit and 16 bit works great) BUT if i switch to the TFT
(Fn-F7) the screen on the TFT becomes green and all windows are unreadable.

Does anybody know why the combination TFT and Cyber9320 does not work? The
combination external Monitor and Cyber 9320 works great, but i have bought
this Notebook for independent use without an external monitor.

In my panic i tryed some other drivers e.g. cyber9385. This _incorrect_
Driver
works also on the TFT but only in 8bit color depth. If i try to use this
Driver at 16bit the screen becomes an horizontal expansion and it looks
like
400x600 instead of 800x600; every pixel has the horizontal size?!?!

I am still helpless, but i need 16bit at 800x600 - please help me!

Regards

Ralf
This message is not licensed to be distributed over the Microsoft
Network.  Microsoft may buy a license to distribute this message
over their network for 100 US$.
Should anybody see this message on the MSN, then please send a
small notification to me and to abuse@msn.com