[ltp] Problems with TFT & X configuration on TP365XD (Trident cyper9320)

Ralf Jardon linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:49:18 +0200

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 08:58:07AM -0500, Robert Hollis/Chicago/Contr/IBM wrote:

> Sounds like the monitor driver is setup for external monitor instead of LCD
> 800x600

Yes, of course. I suppose that too, but how can i solve the problem?

I have tryed a lot of configuration files who worked by other guys with
similar Hardware. I am still confused and have no idea.

The last idea i had is that an bios setting in my Notebooks Bios (last
revision) is responible for the bug. But i canīt find anything striking...

Bye
   Ralf

> Hi,
> i have the following problem.
> I tryed to use Xfree86 3.3.6 at 800x600 16Bit color depth on my "new"
> TP365XD with itīs 11.3" TFT Display. I have bought this Notebook because of
> the statement in the Xfree doku "Cyber 9320 16 Bit now supported".
>
> The Problem is, if i use the correct driver (cyber9320), the TFT-Screen
> become unusable. If i connect an external Monitor the output is correct and
> good (both 800x600 8bit and 16 bit works great) BUT if i switch to the TFT
> (Fn-F7) the screen on the TFT becomes green and all windows are unreadable.
>
> Does anybody know why the combination TFT and Cyber9320 does not work? The
> combination external Monitor and Cyber 9320 works great, but i have bought
> this Notebook for independent use without an external monitor.
>
> In my panic i tryed some other drivers e.g. cyber9385. This _incorrect_
> Driver
> works also on the TFT but only in 8bit color depth. If i try to use this
> Driver at 16bit the screen becomes an horizontal expansion and it looks
> like
> 400x600 instead of 800x600; every pixel has the horizontal size?!?!
>
> I am still helpless, but i need 16bit at 800x600 - please help me!
>

> Regards
>
> Ralf
> --

This message is not licensed to be distributed over the Microsoft
Network.  Microsoft may buy a license to distribute this message
over their network for 100 US$.
Should anybody see this message on the MSN, then please send a
small notification to me and to abuse@msn.com