[ltp] Searchable archives.....

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 17:47:07 +0200

Jason Falciola wrote:

> I have to agree.  Especially for newbies who are trying/in the process of
> getting Linux running, they often have to perform some functions while
> running another OS.  But it's a good start to be sure.

OK

Paul Picot wrote:

> I speak as a new member to the list and a user of an "alternative OS", who
> views the list and archives as a valuable resource because I *want* to get
> Linux running on my TP, but have not managed it yet. (but have Mandrake
> 7.0, Redhat 5.1 and (just retired)slackware 1.2.18(!) running on other
> boxes)

1.2.18, wow.

> That said:
>
> 1. This OS/browser works fine (NT4.0/Netscape4.5)

OK

> 2. My vote is to fix it anyway, if only so I can use the "back" key and
> not immediately get turfed into the search page again by the javascript...

Agreed.

> (I use NT too, because that's the right tool for *this* job)

Have a serious word with your employer, or go and grab VMWare ;-).

Okay, okay, okay. I get the hint.

Paul is right, the archives are a valuable resources for people requiring help

in [moving|trying] Linux.

I have now made a copy of marc-search.cgi and it is called ltp-search.cgi. I
have modified it accordingly and would appreciate it if those that were having

problems with the original would test the new one. The link on tp_mailing.html

has been adjusted accordingly, no JavaScript is required.

The next thing on my to-do list is get posted mail automagically added to the
archives. Currently I am doing this in manual mode.

TTFN,

    Bill