[ltp] poweroff

Roland Hedberg linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:15:32 +0200

Hi guys !

Have a question regarding the command 'poweroff'.
Previously I ran Suse 6.4 on my T20 and the result of
'poweroff' was a complete shutdown of the system.

Now, with Suse 7.0 the system brings down all the
processes but does not kill the machine. It just
hangs just before it used to beep the final beep before
shutting of the power.

Anyone with a explanation for this behaivor ?

-- Roland