[ltp] Thinkpad 760E

Dan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:11:00 -0400 (EDT)

   Hi all!

   I have made a lot of tests with my TP760E but still
 can't get rid of the occasional blinking of the screen.
 It seems:
 - not related to the CPU load
 - related to the hard drive activity sometimes (although
 the HD is okay),
 - related to the heating up of the electronics
 - maybe related to the X configuration (I am not perfectly
 sure of the Modeline I use)
 - present when running Netscape but not only then
   My TP760E has a Cyber 9385 video chip and a 1024x768 TFT
 display. The screen sometimes blinks unexplainably and I
 would like to fix it. It's not permanent but is annoying.
   If anyone had similar experiences please write me your
 opinions and/or suggestions.

   Thanks,
   Dan

	Dan PROTOPOPESCU