[ltp] TP 770 hangs randomly

Mikael Rasmussen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 15:01:22 GMT

Hi!
(If this is OT, then i am sorry,but here goes:)

My problem is that the computer hangs without
any messages. It just freezes up, and the only
way to get it back is to reboot the computer.
The problem is the same in win95 and in Linux!.
I have run all the advanced test in the bios,
an they all came back with no errors.
My first thougt was that it was a memory fault, but
after removing all the nonstandard ram the problem is
still there. Next step was to remove external equitment
(cd and disk-drive, pc-card) still nogo!.
The next step i can think of is running a kernel
diskless with some sort of testapplication to check the
mainboard, without the harddrive and the internal modem

Any ideas?? (do i need a new systemboard? :-(()
Is the problem known on the TP770?.

(the type of the computer number is 9549-1a0)