[ltp] Re: x11 problems with tp 240x

Arcady Genkin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
01 Sep 2000 14:01:22 -0400

Juha Heinanen <jh@lohi.eng.telia.fi> writes:

> if someone has managed to get x windows running on tp 240x, it would be
> nice to hear about it.  if not, then i would avoid that model for linux
> use until the problems have been fixed.  i have tried both accel on and
> off as well as hardware curson on and off.

It souns like you have one of those new ones with PIII-500.  I just
looked at the specs on IBM's website...  Holy smokes, the batterly
life is now 3hrs!!!  Mine is only 90 minutes.  Quite an improvement.

I have an older 240, so this is probably of no help to you, although I
have X running on it just fine.  You can check out the small linux
installation page I've put together last month. My XF86Config is
there.
http://www.thpoon.com/~antipode/comp/tp240/

Hope this works out for you.  You might try Xfree 4 if 3.3.6 will not
work.
--
Arcady Genkin
Don't read everything you believe.