[ltp] Re: x11 problems with tp 240x

Ken Firestone linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 15:39:26 -0400 (EDT)

On 1 Sep 2000, Arcady Genkin wrote:

  Juha Heinanen <jh@lohi.eng.telia.fi> writes:

  > if someone has managed to get x windows running on tp 240x, it would be
  > nice to hear about it.  if not, then i would avoid that model for linux
  > use until the problems have been fixed.  i have tried both accel on and
  > off as well as hardware curson on and off.

  It souns like you have one of those new ones with PIII-500.  I just
  looked at the specs on IBM's website...  Holy smokes, the batterly
  life is now 3hrs!!!  Mine is only 90 minutes.  Quite an improvement.

I just looked at the specs, did they really change the video chip? I
can't tell for sure. My original 240 uses a fairly standard neomagic
chipset that is supported.

The extra battery life probably comes from including the high capacity
battery. The pentium III unit weighs .5 lb more, which is about what
the hi capacity battery would add. You can get these on ebay for under
$140.