[ltp] Anyone tried 2.2.17 sound on a TP600X?

Leeman Strout linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:14:01 -0400 (EDT)

There is a patch in the ALSA mailing list (either devel or user,
forget which) for this clkrun thing.  I'll find it and post it to this
list.  =)

Chances are SuSE stuck it in their version of the alsa rpm.

One thing about this patch however is that it doesn't have a flag involved
to activate the feature, it's hard coded...

Leeman

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Markus Alt wrote:

> Lai Zit Seng wrote:

> > snd_check_clkrun=1
> > > > > >
> > ******************

> > be
> > for

> > the
> > >
> > > Haven't searched for any documentation for this yet. It was amongst the
> > > options that SuSE's setup tool YaST2 offered me when configuring sound
> > > support. There it is described as "Activate PCI bus power management for
> > > CS461x soundcard" and of course it set it to 1! ;-)
> >
> > Ok, I guess SuSE might have customized the ALSA drivers in its
> > distribution. I grep'ed through the entire 0.5.9c source and failed to
> > find the text 'snd_check_clkrun'. Can you please tell me what version of
> > SuSE you have? I'm thinking of downloading ALSA from there and see what
> > has gone into it :)
>
> SuSE 7.0 running alsa-0.5.8-36.
>
> Markus

Leeman Strout