[ltp] migrating old e-mail from Outlook to mail client on Linux

Mike Eggleston linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:03:43 -0500

Shane Hickey wrote:

> This is slightly off-topic, but I thought perhaps some of you may have
> experience with this.  I am migrating from Windows NT to RedHat for my
> desktop environment.  All is well, but I was using Outlook 2000 for my
> e-mail and I have buckets of old mail in various folders.  I'd like to
> export those and bring them up into Kmail or some other mail client for X.
> Or, at the very least, export them so that I could easily search them and
> have the search return entire messages.  Does anyone have any ideas on this?
>
> Thanks for your help and I apologize for being slightly off-topic.
>
> Shane Hickey

What I have done is setup a linux server at home with dynamic dial to the net
and an imap server. I used outlook to attach to the linux imap to transfer my
email. Then used netscape on linux on my laptop to reach the imap server. That
way it doesn't matter if I use windoze or linux to read my mail.

Mike