[ltp] Re: 770X Batteries

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
12 Sep 2000 15:16:28 -0400

"Michael Cameron" <mcameron@desktalk.com> writes:

> It is not particularly convenient for my new A20 since the battery is
> removed from the bottom of the unit not the side but at over ?100 (~$150)
> for a battery I'd like to get the most use of it.

The A20 battery won't be charged at all unless the power dips below
95%, so it won't sit constantly at 100% and have the computer attempt
to charge it (which I've heard is the reason the life degrades).

You also can't run at full CPU speed unless the battery is in the
machine.  Why, I don't know.....

59 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes, 5 seconds till we run away.
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.