[ltp] tpctl 0.8.9

Leeman Strout linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:27:03 -0400 (EDT)

-- I am CC'ing this to the list in case any one was interested... =)

Hey there... I have a A20m (2628-31U).

I applied the kernel patch to kernel release 2.2.17 and a intermittent
problem I was having turned into a permanent problem, but only booting the
new kernel.

When I boot the patched kernel the IDE driver attempts to probe hdc.  It
use to only probe it at random occasions... now it does it all the
time.  hdd doesn't exist, btw.

So if anyone has input as to why or how to stop the probe, let me know!

Thanks,
Leeman

----

Leeman Strout