[ltp] Thinkpad 380XD and cs4237 sound card

James Mahoney linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 20:12:01 -0500

Hello, I recently purchased an IBM Thinkpad 380XD and I have installed
Debian GNU/Linux on it. I have tried many things, but I am not able to get
the cs4237 sound card to work. I am using alsa, and I have tried several
different options, but I always get the message that control port 0x120 is
bad and that the sound card cannot be found at 0x530, or the device is busy.
I hope someone can give me advice on what to set all of the settings to in
alsa to get sound to worl. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
--
James Mahoney
<jrm47@gmx.net>