[ltp] cant do a basic installation on tp 770E

Jont Allen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:44:17 -0400

There are some serious problems with the RedHat 6.2 install disk.

Look at:

http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/rh62-errata-bugfixes.html

for the details. Specifically, look at the updates dated April 19 and
April 12, 2000 (Anaconda Updates and Installer updates).

I hit one of these bugs because I had two NIC's in my machine
(a desktop machine). The installer never finished, and just hung.

Jont

James Hawtin wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2000 vdrlholl@us.ibm.com wrote:
>

> > If it is not copying properly, it's one of two thiings, either bad CD or
> > bad CDROM drive (or possibily dirty lense or dirty CD).
> >

> Unlikely I downloaded the ISO and blow it into a CD that crashed to I
> mounted the ISO and did an ftp install, that crashed and I downed the iso
> again and check it and it was correct... Anyway that was on a compaq so i
> just put my personal distro on it :-) that worked great...
>
> James

Jont B. Allen
AT&T Labs-Research, Shannon Laboratory, E161
180 Park Ave., Florham Park NJ, 07932-0971
973/360-8545voice, x7111fax, http://www.research.att.com/~jba

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes, which can be made,
 in a very narrow field." --Niels Bohr
"Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from bad judgment."
"Experience is what you get when you dont get what you want." -rlg
"Don't squat with your spurs on."  --an unknown cowboy.