[ltp] Thinkpad 380XD and cs4237 sound card

Victor Rivarola linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 18:58:25 -0500 (CDT)

I there such a thing as a DOS based PS/2 utility disk
and I actually went thruogh the humilliation of
installing the unnamed OS on my notebook? Darn!!!

Anyway, I got to my notebook, and here is the
/etc/conf.modules file on it.  Witth this in place,
sound works out perfectly:

# /etc/conf.modules starts here.

options thinkpad enable_smapi=1 enable_superio=1 \
enable_rtcmosram=1
keep
path[thinkpad]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
alias char-major-10-170 thinkpad

alias sound cs4232
pre-install sound /sbin/insmod sound dmabuf=1
alias midi opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options cs4232 io=0x534 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 \
mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9

# /etc/conf.modules ends here.

Actually, mine is a bit more elaborated, but this is
the part that should be of any interest to you guys.
I have used the usual convention of lines that start
with a # (comments) and the effect of the \ on
newlines (they get ignored, used to break  long line
into multiple lines).

Hope this helps,

Víctor Rafael Rivarola

--- David Claessens
Instead of installing windows isn't he better of