[ltp] problems w/ suspend and a TP600

Brian Lalor linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:48:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hey all.  I'm sure this is an FAQ, but I'm not having any luck finding the
authoritative source on the 'net.  (where's the archive for this list,
anyway?)

I'm having difficulty getting a grip on APM with my new TP600.  I've seen
mention that you can't suspend if you're using a PCMCIA e'net card and
have the AC power plugged in.  Is that still the case?  I'm running RedHat
7.0 with kernel 2.2.17, apmd-3.0final, and the pcmcia-cs that came with
kernel-2.2.17-14 (3.1.20?).

I haven't recompiled the kernel, so I haven't changed what RedHat compiled
in for APM support.

What happens when I:
* close the cover
* hit Fn-F3
* hit Fn-F4
* hit Fn-F12

Should I put something in the scripts called by apmd on each of these
events that shuts down my PCMCIA cards?

Answers such as "RTFM" aregreatly appreciated, provided they accompany a
pointer to the "M". :-)

Thanks,

B r i a n  L a l o r                         blalor@hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu
http://hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu/~blalor     Spam me not.
   To get my pgp key, put "get pgp key" in the subject of your message

I will not re-transmit without the express permission of Major League Baseball