[ltp] pcmcia and suspend

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 20:27:17 -0400

(debian sid, kern 2.219, pcmcia 3.1.25, Xircom RBEM-56G)

I'm 100% golden before a suspend/resume cycle.

I am not able to do much with my card after a suspend resume cycle. It still
works, and maintains the old configuration but i cannot change the config.

I have set APM to EJECT in apm.opts but SUSPEND does not work either.

"cardctl eject" segfaults
/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart results in this message and a hi pause lo beep and
no eth0 interface.
/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart
Shutting down PCMCIA services: cardmgrsending signal 15 to procs
 modulesds: Device or resource busy
i82365: Device or resource busy
pcmcia_core: Device or resource busy
.
Starting PCMCIA services: cardmgr

at this point no card functions work.

Clearly I am not doing something I need to do before suspending this machine.
Is there a reason not to do a /etc/init.d/pcmcia stop and start from
/etc/apm/event.d/pcmcia? Anything else I should try?

thanks for any hints...

brad