[ltp] pcmcia start hangs up my i12

Frank Winter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:47:15 +0200 (MEST)

To answer your question:

> On Tuesday 03 April 2001 13:23, Frank Winter wrote:

> > I just installed RH7.0 on my i12. The installation worked
> > fine. But when it boots up the first time it hangs at
> >
> > "starting pcmcia"...
> >
> > What is the kernel doing during that start up? Something
> > wrong with /etc/pcmcia/Config? But its the standard. !No se!
> >
> > So I had to remove the start script. But ok, I want to
> > to use pcmcia you know. I searched in the archives ard
> > is difficult to use. Instead I should buy a pcmcia card
> > is that true?
>
>    Was any card in the slot when it was booting?

No there was no card in the slot. I do not own any yet. I am owning my TP
just for a few days.
But in the near future I have to use a ethernet adapter. either the one
which built-in right beside a 56Kmodem or a pcmcia-ethernet-card.
Donīt know yet which possibility is easier to run.

Ok this is the correct output at bootup time:

starting pcmcia: modules

At this point it starts hanging.
And even when I am in runlevel 3 (without S45pcmcia script)
and I start pcmcia manualy the machine hangs too.
I canīt even switch to another console.

kernel-2.2.16 which is the ready compiled kernel distributed
with RedHat7.0 Respin.

> --
>
> George Staikos

best regards.