[ltp] XFree screen def for TP600?

Brian Lalor linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:58:33 -0700 (MST)

Hey all.  Just wondering if anyone's figured out what the optimal monitor
configuration section is for XFree86.  I'm running XFree86 version 4 on
RH7.0 and just chose "Generic LCD Panel 1024x768" from the Xconfigurator.

My entry looks like:
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier "Generic LCD Panel 1024x768"
        VendorName "Unknown"
        ModelName  "Unknown"
        HorizSync 31.5-48.5
        VertRefresh 40-70
EndSection

I was poking around with tpctl and saw the --info-refresh option which
returns [0x117 corresponds to "1024 x 768 x 16 (64K)" which is what I'm
running at]
	information: refresh rate capabilities for VGA mode 0x117:
	   43 Hz (I) available?:                N
	   48 Hz (I) available?:                N
	   56 Hz available?:                    N
	   60 Hz available?:                    Y
	   70 Hz available?:                    Y
	   72 Hz available?:                    N
	   75 Hz available?:                    Y
	   85 Hz available?:                    N

Looks like I should be able to swing 75Hz, but I'm not configured for that
right now.

Thanks,

B r i a n  L a l o r                         blalor@hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu
http://hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu/~blalor     Spam me not.
   To get my pgp key, put "get pgp key" in the subject of your message

I will not yell "fire" in a crowded classroom