[ltp] ALSA on T20

Shingo Tamaru linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 07:09:55 -0400

Hi, all.
I have another question.

My T20 has two OSs, one is Windows 2000 and the other is bigslack
(FAT version of slackware-7.1).

I installed ALSA for sound capability. It worked fine except under
one particular condition. When I move from Win2K to bigslack, ALSA
fails to initialize the sound chip if I don't turn off the system
power completely. Everything works fine if I first turn off under
Win2k, then turn on again and start bigslack.

This is not an serious issue at all, but I would like to know
if there is a easy fix for this phenomenon.

Please let me know if you have any clue about this.

Thank!
Shingo