[ltp] KDE2.x

Robert Munro linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 09:32:10 -0700

Jan,

I'm running KDE 2.01 under Mandrake 7.2 with some fair success.
Netscape
4.75 sometimes chokes, either killing itself or occasionally killing
X...
XMMS sometimes dies, too.  But these might be faults due to overclocking
an early Athlon 500 mhz chip to 650 mhz with non-ECC memory, yet it
works.

OS/2 V4.5 FP 15 is rock stable on the same system, though.  It's
software,
or rather the interaction of hardware and software, causing Linux
faults.

I suspect there are lots of people running KDE 2.0X without many
problems.

Regards,
Robert Munro