[ltp] Netscape-problems

Ken Firestone linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:46:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Christian Schneider wrote:

  Hi,

  On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Arion Meier wrote:

  > Hi
  >
  > A friend of mine has TP A20p, Suse7.0, XFree 4.x, KDE1.x installed
  >
  > Everthings works fine except netscape v4.75. You can follow links on a
  > website, but as soon you try to click with the mouse in the ULR-field,
  > netscape goes busted.

  I had the same problem but with SuSE 7.1 and Netscape 4.76 and 4.77
  everything seems to work fine. I'm using gnome, though. And I might add
  that I haven't got problems on my laptop under Debian but that's gnome as
  well. Do I see a pattern emerge here?

  Does anyone know if KDE/Qt might interfere here?
I remember a similar problem with my TP 240. I installed a netscape
from netscape downloads, in /usr/local/netscape I think, and that
fixed the problem.

If I used the old netscape from suse the problem came back.