[ltp] Simultaneous External and LCD display on T21

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:22:25 -0400

--------------CE255C6EDE2C42B9CDD7FA2E

Keith Frechette wrote:

> D. Sen wrote:
> >>
> I can't seem to be able to have both my LCD and external CRT display
> on
> at the same time. Cycling through Fn+F7, I can get one or the other.
> (This isnt even an X issue, as I have the problem even with just a
> console display ...i.e right after booting, before entering startx.)
>
> Just to be sure that it wasnt a hardware problem, I tried out the
> Fn+F7
> cycling on Window$. As on my old TP600, it has 3 states, LCD, CRT or
> both LCD+CRT.
>
> Does anyone know a solution to this? How about the T21s that came
> pre-installed with Caldera? I need both displays during presentations.
>
> <<
>
> I know of no problem with this with the Caldera-based preload models.
> In fact, we used a T21 with Caldera preload to drive Sam Palmisano's
> LinuxWorld keynote presentation, with the external monitor going to
> the main LinuxWorld projectors and the LCD allowing us to control the
> presentation from behind the scenes. Which X server version are you
> using? Also, does Tim Robert's "s3switch" utility properly enable
> simultaneously display of monitor and LCD?

X Server is Tim Roberts' XFree 4.0.x driver.

s3switch does not allow simultaneous display of the monitor and
LCD either.

This is something that I am observing even at the text console without
running X.

--
D. Sen, Room E167
AT&T Labs-Research

--------------CE255C6EDE2C42B9CDD7FA2E

&nbsp;
CRT display on</font></tt>
one or the other.</font></tt>
even with just a</font></tt>
entering startx.)</font></tt>
I tried out the Fn+F7</font></tt>
states, LCD, CRT or</font></tt>
T21s that came</font></tt>
during presentations.</font></tt>
with the Caldera-based preload models. In fact, we used a T21 with Caldera
preload to drive Sam Palmisano's LinuxWorld keynote presentation, with
the external monitor going to the main LinuxWorld projectors and the LCD
allowing us to control the presentation from behind the scenes. Which X
server version are you using? Also, does Tim Robert's "s3switch" utility
properly enable simultaneously display of monitor and LCD?</font></font>
X Server is Tim Roberts' XFree 4.0.x driver.
without running X.
Computing Options and Software Development</font></font>
Carolina</font></font>