[ltp] T series thinkpads ?

James Orr linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:32:14 +0200 (MET DST)

It seems from the IBM France web page that the newer T series (T22) are
not available in France, where I am located.  Are there big differences
between the T22 and the T21?

Also, why might France, and perhaps Europe in general, not have access to
IBM's latest and greatest laptops that are being sold in the U.S.?

Thanks,

Jim

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Christopher Clark wrote:

> One of the newer T series (T22) comes with Caldera preloaded  (see url
> below):
> http://commerce.www.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1932439&cntrfnbr=1&prmenbr=1&cntry=840&lang=en_US&shoptype=D
>
> I have a T20 with RH Linux7.0 on it with no big problems at all.
>
> Christopher
>

>                     James Orr
>                     <orr@lsce.saclay.cea.f       To:     linux-thinkpad <linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com>
>                     r>                           cc:
>                     Sent by:                     Subject:     [ltp] T series thinkpads ?
>                     owner-linux-thinkpad@b
>                     m-soft.com
>

>                     04/11/2001 09:42
>                     Please respond to
>                     linux-thinkpad
>

> Has anyone succeeded in getting Linux to run on one of the new T series
> thinkpads, e.g., the T21?  If so, where might I find information on that?
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Jim

>    James Orr
>    Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement
>    Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS
>
>    LSCE, CEA Saclay                http://www.ipsl.jussieu.fr/~jomce
>    Bat. 709 - Orme                 mailto:  orr@cea.fr
>    F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex    Phone:   (33) (0)1 69 08 77 23
>    FRANCE                          Fax:     (33) (0)1 69 08 77 16

   James Orr