[ltp] Files, homework, Linux and Windows:

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:25:05 -0400

On Friday 13 April 2001 09:47 am, ROOT, DAN wrote:
> Okay, I am still trying to figure out how I can get my homework from my
> ThinkPad to my NT workstation so I can print out my homework (perl
> scripts). I just got the ThinkPad up and running RedHat 7.0 and do not have
> a modem or any network cards yet (760EL).  I have put my perl scripts on a
> floppy using the dd command, but windows will not give me the time of day
> here.  I also used rawrite.exe to put  libc-5.3.12-18-5.sparc.rpm from my
> NT station onto a floppy.  My ThinkPad would not read the floppy either.
> What am I not seeing here?  Any help would be great!
If I'm reading this correctly you are trying to write the scripts directly to
the floppy without a filesystem...

you want to make a filesystem on the floppy
mkfs -t msdos /dev/fd0
(skip that bit if you formatted your floppy on the windows machine)
then mount that filesystem on the linux box
mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt
then copy your files on that filesystem
cp /home/danroo/perlscripts /mnt
finally you have to unmount the floppy and move it to your windows machine
umount /mnt

that should get you rolling

brad