[ltp] hda: lost interupt

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:26:02 -0400

On my T21, I had to do the following to stop the "hda: lost interrupt"
messages.

1) Make sure the following kernel options are set/unset:
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
# CONFIG_IDEPCI_SHARE_IRQ is not set
CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE=y

2) If you are using udma for your hard drive, then you have to use hdparm to
disable dma, right before suspend (and re-enable it after you come out of it).
Its relatively easy to do this using apmd and its configuration script. My
distribution came with an apm script (/etc/sysconfig/apmd) where I had to
uncomment the following lines for this:

HDPARM_AT_SUSPEND="-q -X0 -q -c0 -q -d0 -q -u0 -q -S10"
HDPARM_AT_RESUME="-q -X66 -q -c1 -q -d1 -q -u1 -q -S30"

If you dont use udma, this step isnt required.

Good luck,
DS

Douglas Bridges wrote:

> I just upgraded my A20m thinkpad to 2.4.3, and my machine has starting
> locking up after suspends every once in a while. I am running Progeny Debian
> with a custom kernel package. I didn't select anything wierd that I know of
> when I compiled my kernel. When I come out of suspend I get the message hda:
> lost interrupt one of the virtual consoles. Any ideas?
>
> Doug Bridges

D. Sen, Room E167
AT&T Labs-Research
Shannon Laboratory