[ltp] FYI -- New ThinkPad T22 model for Linux includes DVD movie playback

Darrell Shively linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:02:09 -0700

Keith Frechette wrote:

> This is an FYI, since I'm not aware that anybody noticed our success
> in rolling out "legal" Linux DVD movie playback with our ThinkPad
> models.

Wow, that's most excellent.

> To implement legal Linux DVD movie playback support on a ThinkPad
> laptop that includes an "S-Video out" port,
> [...]

I have a ThinkPad X20, which has not S-Video out port.
Would it be possible to get support for this system?
No S-Video should mean no need to macrovision, right?

> -- Keith
>
> Keith Frechette
> Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software
> Development
> IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
> kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761

   regards,
	- dash
--
Darrell Shively   Cisco Systems Inc.   Kites rise highest
(aka dash)        121 Theory Dr.       against the wind -- not