[ltp] * * * WARNING * * * Red Hat 7.1 - seawolf * * * WARNING * * *

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 18:12:19 -0700

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 02:47:54AM +0200, Bill Mair wrote:
> The newly released Red Hat 7.1 trys to install the lm_sensors package by
>[...]

Yikes, well we working with IBM. :'(

We've had an open dialog with them requesting technical info and
documents.  They are trying to make documents available to us which
are currently company-confidential.  None of the Lm_sensors team has a
Thinkpad, but we are aware of the problem and are doing what we can to
get this trouble fixed or a workaround in place.

The bad news is that even if we did fix it now, it wouldn't propigate
into 7.1 as it is already released.  The good news is that the problem
may be related to the detection script, which I doubt (cross my
fingers) isn't run blindly by the RH7.1's installer.

What I can also say, is that it appears from our dialog that Thinkpads
use some unique uses for the PIIX4 I2C bus.  If you use or want to use
(not recommended at this point) Lm-sensors, be sure to avoid
installing the i2c-piix4 bus driver until we understand more.

hardware or technical documentation yet.  But, IBM should correct
this.  (hopefully soon... especially with RH7.1 out! ;')

TGIF!

Phil
(co-founder of Lm_sensors)