[ltp] System bell volume

Booboo linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:03:02 -0500

Sorry if this has been covered before. A search of the archives didn't
turn up anything, but maybe I don't know the magic word. Also, I just
recently received a used 600E so I haven't been watching the list for
long.

Is there a way to adjust the system bell volume separately? Or maybe
even disable it?

For instance, I would like to disable the bell during boot (the test
beep during the bios booting and pcmcia beeps) as well as the volume
adjustment beeps. The rest I have taken care of using visible bell in X
and at the console, but don't know how to do it at a lower level, or if
its even possible.

Thanks....