[ltp] * * * WARNING * * * Red Hat 7.1 - seawolf * * * WARNING* * *

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 19:50:56 +0200

--------------6E3E2AF1EE4C4B8B759DF7B1

Rob Mayoff wrote:

> > AS A THINKPAD USER, DO NOT EVEN CONTEMPLATE DOING THIS !!!!
>
> Calm down.

I wasn't warning about RH 7.1 btu about the known potential hazard
involved when trying lm_sensors.

> I installed 7.1beta. It installed the lm_sensors package. It
> doesn't install anything that runs automatically, as far as I can tell,
> because my system still works.

That's good to know, but there are some people who aren't as well informed

or experienced as you are.

> I eventually erased the package to be safe, but I left it installed for
> quite a while first, across many reboots.

Wise decision. But if you hadn't know about the issues with lm_sensors,
you would have tried it wouldn't you. I know that I would have.

Bill

--------------6E3E2AF1EE4C4B8B759DF7B1

<tt>Rob Mayoff wrote:</tt>
<tt>I wasn't warning about RH 7.1 btu about the known potential hazard</tt>
package. It</tt>
tell,</tt>
<tt>That's good to know, but there are some people who aren't as well informed</tt>
I left it installed for</tt>
<tt>Wise decision. But if you hadn't know about the issues with lm_sensors,</tt>