[ltp] Lm-sensors ?? redhat 7.0 newbie questions

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:25:12 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Shane Broomhall wrote:

> I have redhat 7.0 which I was thinking of trying instead of SUSE to
> see if it can use my modem, and printer. Does redhat 7.0 use this
> Lm-sensor utility to detect the motherborad temp, I have had RH 7.0
> running on one of my thinkpads and have not had any problems with it.

I believe it was in Red Hat _7.1_ that kde had a dependency on lm_sensors,
and that people have claimed that it won't run by default. It's up to you
to decide whether the risk/reward ratio there is acceptable.

> Can anyone also provide any general pointers to getting linux working
> on my A20.

  http://www.zhlive.ch/zhl_contents_linux.html

  Might be helpful. Oh - the stuff attributed to me on IrDA is slightly
  wrong: You have to configure the serial device w. setserial, and not
  /etc/modules.conf [my mistake, can't imagine why I said it, though]

--
If voting could change things, it would be illegal.