[ltp] System bell volume

Tom Grydeland linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 14:02:07 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Booboo wrote:

> So I'm assuming its all or nothing. No way to disable just the system
> bell without disabling all sound?

In the PS2.EXE program, there's a separate selection to disable the beep
on boot and on volume change.   I don't have notes about exactly what
it's called and how to set it, but I have done it for my TP600E.

(This probably means that you should be able to do it with tpctl and/or
setpnp as well, but I don't know how)

This does *not* disable the system bell in general, but it disables the
only two beeps that I haven't found any other way to disable.

Best of luck,

--
//Tom Grydeland <Tom.Grydeland@phys.uit.no>