[ltp] System bell volume

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:10:21 -0400

At work, I have the TP connected to a Port Replicator. I connect the
amplifier to the port replicator and have the TP's speakers "muted". I can
listen to all kinds of audio but the system bells cannot be heard. Is there a
way out of this?

This behaviour is slightly different from connecting headphones to the output
of the TP itself. There, just by having the headphone jack in the socket,
mutes out the sound.

DS

Thomas Hood wrote:

> --- Tom Grydeland <Tom.Grydeland@phys.uit.no> wrote:
> > In the PS2.EXE program, there's a separate selection to disable the beep
> > on boot and on volume change.   I don't have notes about exactly what
> > it's called and how to set it, but I have done it for my TP600E.
>
> This is PS2.EXE's "BEEP" option.
>
> > (This probably means that you should be able to do it with tpctl and/or
> > setpnp as well, but I don't know how)
>
> I don't think setpnp can do this.  tpctl certainly cannot.
>
> Thomas

D. Sen, Room E167
AT&T Labs-Research
Shannon Laboratory