[ltp] 1024th cylinder problem on the T21

Tony Baumann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:34:42 -0400

I've got windows 2000 installed on the first 10GB of a 20 GB HDD in a T21. I
want to install redhat 7.1 on 5 of the remaining 10GB. Of course, when I try
to set up redhat 7.1 and I get to the point where I'm trying to allocate
space for /boot in Disk Druid, it says that it can't create the partition
because it's over the 1024 cylinder limit. . .

>From what I understand, Redhat 7.1 is able to boot from a /boot partition
that is past the 1024th cylinder of the hard drive IF the system's BIOS is
able to handle it. Can this be done on the T21? I do have the BIOS version
1.05 KZET23WW installed, but am not sure how to figure out if it can work.

Any ideas?

TIA

-Tony