[ltp] thinkpad 600 - Part number, [little offtopic]

Crispin Cowan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:46:46 -0700

Luis Antolín Cano wrote:

> First, sorry for the slight offtopic, but I'm desperately searching a
> part number for my thinkpad laptop.
>
> I bought it second hand and the external FDD enclosure wasn't included.
>
> Can please anybody look in his Thinkpad 600 for the part number of the
> external case for the FDD?

Try eBay.  I bought my TP 770Z there, and while shopping, I noticed that
there are a lot of TP accessories for sale there.

> And, to see if it's worth to buy it, is it possible to boot from the FDD
> when it's external?, the CD works with this enclosure?, is it possible to
> boot from CD when it's external?

My machine can boot from the external FDD.  The boot sequence is part of the
BIOS setting.

Crispin

--
Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.