[ltp] A20M dhcp

James Hawtin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:28:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Brandon Walters wrote:

>     The instructions say to start dhcpcd manually after startup, to go
> to its directory and type the command 'dhcpcd' or 'dhcpcd-eth0.exe'.
> Those files exist in the directory when I do an ls.  Now here comes the
> embarrassing inane part - no matter how many times I type either command
> to start dhcpcd, bash insists that the program doesn't exist (even
> though the 'X' permission is set on dhcpcd and dhcpcd-eth0.exe).

Did you get "file not found" try ldd <name of exe> for example

[Oolon on derilium] ldd /bin/ls
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4001c000)
[Oolon on derilium]

This will show if it is finding all the dynamically linked libraries, you
oftain get file not found if you have a different version of libc than the
binary was compiled against. Gte the source code and replace the
executable would be my first step

Jmaes