[ltp] ALSA driver and tpctl - without recompiling.

Forrest English linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
25 Apr 2001 12:15:29 PDT

if you can find someone who has compiled rpms based on the same stock
kernel that you are using.   it's possible, but i'm not entirely sure how
likely it is.

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:42:07 +0200 (CEST), Luis Antol=EDn Cano whispered to
the router:

!!I'm using a TP600 with RedHat 7.0 (kernel 2.2.16-22) and that big=20
!! virus from Microsoft in another partition.
!!=20
!! I would like to use ALSA driver and tpctl.
!!=20
!! So, my problem is that I have little space left in my HD. I have read
!! about re-compiling the kernel and so, and AFAIK the directory
structure
!! takes about 70Mb. I don't have that space, nor I want to go through
all
!! that process if I can avoid it.
!!=20
!! But the problem is that ALSA and tpclt seem to need to recompile the
!! kernel for be installed.
!!=20
!! Do you know if there is a way to install ALSA and/or tpclt without
!! the /usr/scr/linux structure?
!!=20
!! Thanks for your help.
!!=20
!!     /Luis.
!!=20
!! =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
!!=20
!!				LuIs.
!!=20
!!=20
!!=20
!! _______________________________________________________________
!! Do You Yahoo!?
!! Env=EDa mensajes instant=E1neos y recibe alertas de correo con=20
!! Yahoo! Messenger - http://messenger.yahoo.es
!!=20
!! ----- The Linux ThinkPad mailing list -----
!! The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
!! http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html
!!=20

--=20
Forrest English