[ltp] ps/2 mouse problem on mdk8.0 and 570

Lai Zit Seng linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:58:47 +0800 (SGT)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Ching-Tung Wu wrote:

> I failed to get mdk8.0 recognize neither trackpoint nor external ps/2
> mouse on the thinkpad 570, however USB mouse worked just fine. Previor to
> mdk8.0, I had been using redhat all the way from 5.0 to 7.0 without any
> problem on the ps/2 mouse. Has anyone seen this before ?

I couldn't even get the installation done on my T20 (also tried T21).
Although I ignored the lack of PS/2 mouse support during installation, it
hangs at the SCSI dialog step. When installing in 'text expert' mode, I
can get by further... but eventually crashes before the installation
really starts (ie, where it starts to write to disk).

Any one has suggestions on how to fix?

Regards,

.lzs