answer: [ltp] [slightly OT] File system compatibility : W2k-Linux

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 18:57:14 +0200

> There are other options, I have heard that some user read-only NTFS from
> Linux and I have also heard there is an aplication you can get for
Windows
> to read some unix filesystems, but I don't know what the application
is...

1. Reading NTFS (limited writing for NTFS (4) only) is included in the
standard kernel (but not compiled in by default)

2. Windows can reach ext2fs partitions by using the tool "explore2fs"
by John Newbigin at http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux

cu
Holger