[ltp] Re: Force removal of kernel module??

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:40:35 -0400

Leif Jonsson <Leif.von.Jonsson@era-t.ericsson.se> writes:

> What typically happens to me is that the soundcard module (cs46xx)
> or network module (3c59x) hangs, often after apm (and yes I know I
> should remove it with some apmscript =) and then I am sitting there
> with no sound and/or network =P.

By this time, the sound card is so hopelessly confused that a reboot
is the only thing to help it anyway.  Even if you could remove the
module somehow, it probably wouldn't be able to reinit.

Yes, you should remove it with some apmscript.  If you know the right
answer, why are you trying to find the wrong one?

God created a few perfect heads.  The rest he covered with hair.