[ltp] a21p sound woes.

Ching-Tung Wu linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 17:04:32 -0700

Hi,

I grabbed and recompiled the 2.4.4 kernel that fixed the problem on mdk8.0.
Tried different kernels from 2.4.0 to 2.4.3, and finally the 2.4.4 when it's
out a few days ago.
Suspected something was broken in kernel previor to 2.4.4.

Tony.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
[mailto:owner-linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com]On Behalf Of Mike Johnson
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 6:35 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] a21p sound woes.

On Saturday 28 April 2001 11:49, you wrote:
> Hi I re-did my kernel and fixed things up.
>
> If you are using Mandrake 8's kernel you'll find yourself without
> a PS/2 mouse pretty quickly.

Yep, Mandrake have completely broken mouse support
on Thinkpads. 0/10 points there.

I managed to install easily as Mandrake recognises
a mouse connected to the port replicator. Then it was just
a simple matter of compiling up a stock kernel and
pcmcia card services as you suggest.

Still, I have to say that I'm beginning to like this release
especially with the really nice anti-aliased fonts and
XFree86 4.0.3

Mike.