[ltp] Number of people using Linux on ThinkPads

Brendan Byrne linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:58:20 +1000

> > Anybody with a a21p running this?

I am currently playing with Red Hat 7.0 on A21p.
I have a few problems with X not exiting properly. Fades to a white screen
and nothing but a few seconds of the power switch seem to fix it. I think it
is due to me trying to install a driver for the network of the in-built Mini
PCI network/modem card. From what I have read, I am not going to get the
modem working at all (3 Com 556B). I am still learning about it and fumbling
my way through it. Not sure if I have the best distribution for the
thinkpad. Will let you know if I get anywhere with it.

Cheers,
Brendan