[ltp] suspend/Thinkpad A20p/Woody/apmd_proxy

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 01:27:05 +0200

On Monday, 30. April 2001 00:24, Vivek Dasmohapatra wrote:
> Hi - just a heads up:
>
> I upgraded to woody recently, and discovered a quirk in the apmd_proxy
> script: It short circuits and ignores system suspend events when
> on_ac_power returns true: This has the unfortunate effect of not

Do you mean these lines?

if [ "$1,$2" = "standby,system" -o "$1,$2" = "suspend,system" ]; then
        if on_ac_power >/dev/null; then
                # Reject system suspends and standbys if we are on AC power
                exit 1  # Reject (NOTE kernel support must be enabled)
        fi
        # otherwise fall through and call the scripts!
fi

I found them in apmd_proxy of my Debian potato system, so it doesn't seem to
be a change in woody.

After killing the "exit 1" and restarting apmd I just did a test and noticed
that my apmd didn't recieve any System Standby events, neither with Fn-F3 nor
with tpctl --standby. Fn-F4 and Fn-F12 as well as tpctl --Z and tpctl --H
produce System Suspend events logged by apmd. apm -S and apm -s produce the
corresponding User Standby and User Suspend events.

So I wonder if there really exists a System Standby. I'm using a TP 765L.

Tino