[ltp] LM_sensors in Mandrake 8.0 on ThinkPad A22p?

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:56:29 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Richard Neill wrote:

> Does anyone know if the problem with lm_sensors still affects new thinkpads?

I haven't seen any confirmation either way, nor have I seen anything that
even confirms what the exact problem was/is. There is only really one way to
find out, at the moment. Feeling lucky/rich? [ <-- joke. I don't recommend
it. ]

[cut]

> If not (sorry for asking a newbie question here), what do I do about it?

Remove the lm_sensors binaries from your system, that ought to do it. And
compile out the i2c support from your kernel, if you're feeling extra
paranoid. I think it was i2c that lm_sensors needed.

--
Vivek