[ltp] LM_sensors in Mandrake 8.0 on ThinkPad A22p?

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:05:06 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, marcus.giles@deltagold.com.au wrote:

> I have installed mandrake 8.0 on my A22m, and had no problem, but that was
> before I knew about the LM_sensors thing.

Yes, but the problem isn't that it is installed. The problem is that once it
is installed, it is trivial to hose your machine. All it takes is a little
curiosity ['hmmm... I wonder what this sensors-detect command does' or 'Hey,
a GUI widgety thing that measures my machine's fan speed, cool...'] and, as
if by magic, one dead thinkpad...

--
Vivek