[ltp] partition

Ravi Pratap M linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 19:56:32 +0530 (IST)

Hello,

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, hellhound wrote:

>          i have got 42.9 gb space at all HD

	That's a lot dude :-) I have only 20 on my A21m.

>          i want install mandrake
>          but i afraid  that he will crash windows ...
>          i windows i have got a important work

	Hey, there should be no problem installing Mandrake or any other
distro of Linux. It will not do anything to your existing Windows
installation so relax.

	Before going ahead, make sure that you have all that free space
available on the partition table and _not_ as free space on your Windows'
C or D drives or whatever. Use fips to reduce the size of your Windows
partitions and convert the free space to partitions you can use to install
Linux on, if that really is the case. Don't do any of that Win4Linux stuff
: just too slow.

	HTH,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchovny in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi@che.iitm.ac.in>
                      <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>