[ltp] partition

Thomas Bleicher linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 00:18:29 +0200

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 01:47:07PM +0200, hellhound wrote:
> Hello ,
>
>          i have got      42.9 gb space at all HD
>          7.35 gb used   by windows and progs   and files
>          35.5 gb free space
>          i want install mandrake
>          but i afraid  that he will crash windows ...
>          i windows i have got a important work

Then simply _backup_ your work. If you can't, don't install Linux now.
There is no way to be sure that your existing partition(s) won't suffer
when you create a new one.

Said that, Mandrake's tool is quite good for the harddisk stuff (if you
prefer graphic interfaces). I never heard of anyone who had trouble
when resizing the partitions and installing the system. But that seems
no longer true for MK8 and newer. Your choice then.

Thomas

PS: Did I mention backups?