[ltp] TP 770 and new HD Drive

Martin Fluch linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:19:56 +0300 (EEST)

Hejsan!

I have a IBM ThinkPad 770 (9548-300) and want to upgrade to a bigger HD
than my recent 5GB. At the moment I have BIOS V1.26 installed (which is
capable of up to about 8GB) and I first will upgrade the BIOS to the most
recent one (in this case V1.33). But I don't know (I found no
specifications) what is the largest capacity this version can handle.

I'm thinking of buying a about 20GB HD and I'm curious whether the new
BIOS version can handle this or not. What are the bigest HD you got
working porperly?

Thanxs for any reply,
Martin